Sunday 27 September 2009

Plastic Packaging

I can see the value of plastic packaging -It protects the contents and the items can be clearly displayed in the shop. But, can I open them? Can I H*ll!

Yesterday I bought a new speaker and mike system for my grandson and decided to open the packet and plug them into his xbox 360 as a nice surprise for him. First it was finger-nail time - just slip my thumbnail into the gap and lever apart - what gap? It was as though it had been sealed by a steam hammer!

Resort to scissors, that'll do it. Cut all around the top edge, insert a couple of fingers and bring them out with - blood on my finger! Yes, this stuff is sharper than a prestige serrated knife I have in the kitchen! After putting a plaster on, would the item slide out? No chance!

OK, let's cut across the top layer, then twist and pull, that should cause the packaging to tear and make a larger hole. Wishful thinking - even less of a chance.

Final resort - cut whole top off package and down the sides, avoiding damage to contents. At last, I'm in and can pull contents out.

Now, off to the xbox. So many connectors (5). Where do they all go into the xbox, his controller and the TV? Need the instructions. Where are they? Ah, here they are - cut into four pieces and screwed up to be almost illegible.

Wait for Josh - he'll do it!

1 comment:

  1. My oh my! You've made me laugh! Your "tribulations" sound so much like mine, and I'm not even a senior citizen...yet:) In any case, I just wanted to say I love your Blog and your sense of humor. Keep those brain cells working!

    ReplyDelete