Thursday 1 October 2009

Cling Film

I'm not convinced that this is relative to age - it seems that it's a gender thing. How come that women can use cling film successfully while us men struggle so much?

I open the packet, grip the loose end of the film, gently pull... and it only comes out in the middle. The ends are still firmly stuck to the roll! Lift the roll out and gently peel back the ends - right, that's one end done, now the other - hang on, the end I did a few seconds ago is back stuck again! Hold one end in my teeth whilst freeing the other end and, at last, it's all free.

Place roller back in sleeve and gently pull again - fantastic, it's all coming out evenly.

Now... hold the packet in the left hand and gently tear the sheet against the serrated edge... nothing - pull a little harder - the packet starts to collapse but I end up with a useable piece of film. Except that it keeps trying to fold up on its self! Put it flat on the kitchen worktop and smooth it all out - not easy but I get there.

Now, place it over the food to be closed. Know what... it's too small!

So...
I open the packet, grip the loose end of the film, gently pull... and it only comes out in the mi.........

1 comment:

  1. I could not help but smile with this post. Sounds VERY familiar! I don't know if you ever watch "Keeping Up Appearances" with the infamous Hyacinth Bucket, pronounced "bouquet" well, in one of her shows she mentions the troubles of cling film and states that "it takes real skill to master that." (smile) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete